I had the sincerely honor and pleasure to sit down with Mike Hattem of Tic Tec Clock & Watch Repair in Eastern North Carolina to discuss watch and clock collecting, as well as repair. Mike and his wife were gracious in allowing me to, not only visit Mike’s repair shop, but also to see their personal horological collection! We had intended to livestream this episode, but unfortunately the technology wouldn’t allow for and so this is only a podcast episode. Don’t worry thought, I was granted permission to take many pictures and hope that these help to convey the beauty and history of Mike’s collection along with his expertise as a watch and clock repairman!
A small sample of the Hattem’s personal collection
Connect with Mike and get involved in horological collecting!
- Mike Hattem, Watch and Clock Repairman and Horological Collector
- Repair shop hours by appointment only 7:30pm-9pm M-Th; 1pm-5pm Fri-Sat
- Phone: 252-752-5909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
- Connect with a local chapter member and attend for up to 1 year without needing to officially join